I’m the Founder & Designer of gruntmonkey, a small design practice specializing in process and problem solving through communication, digital media and iterative development. I’m also a maker of limited edition show posters through The Poster Works, Mentor, coffee roaster, devout fan of baseball and an advocate on the importance of designs’ impact upon all aspects of our lives.
– Connecting Brands with audiences
– Leading teams through the design process
– Developing effective strategies to achieve goals
– Utilizing marketing to generate new customers
– Product development based on audience research
UX Design / Brand Development / Strategic Communications / Concept Development / Visual Design / Mobile Design / Web Design / Front-End Development
General Assembly / 2015 - Present
UX Design Mentor (UXC) | Guides emerging designers in GA’s online UX Design program.
UX Design Instructor (UXDI) | Lead the instructional team of GA Chicago’s full-time program.
UX Design Teaching Assistant (UXD) | Assists in the teaching of GA Chicago’s part-time program.
gruntmonkey LLC. / 2009 - Present
Founder / Designer | Designs and develops effective solutions that help clients plan, implement, and evolve their business into successful ventures.
Bloc.io / 2014 - 2015
UX Design Mentor | Provides professional and entrepreneurial guidance to emerging designers who are participating in Bloc’s UX Design curriculum.
PhishMe, Inc. / 2013 - 2014
Designer / Front-End Developer | Designed and developed the new user interface for PhishMe’s industry leading security training product.
The Starter League / 2011 - 2014
Mentor | Provides professional and entrepreneurial guidance to emerging designers and web developers.
Creative Go-Round / 2011 - 2014
Lead Mentor | Provides professional guidance to emerging designers and the organization’s operation.
Illinois State University Student Counseling Services / 2009
Design Intern | Created promotional materials for Illinois State University’s Student Counseling Services office.
Daily Vidette / 2007 - 2008
Online Editor | Posted news and coordinating media to the online edition of the newspaper on a daily basis.
Global Information Systems Technology Inc. / 2003 - 2004
Graphic Artist | Created graphics, interactive simulations & animations used in training applications.
Dreamscape Design Inc. / 2000 - 2002
Designer | Created designs for web and print media, oversaw all aspects of web development from planing to launch & managed SEO for clients.
– Logo Lounge, Book 8 | 2014
– Bordo Bello : Redline Gallery, Denver Colorado | 2011 / 2012
– Gig Posters : The Art of Music Promotion, Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft ( Invitational ) | 2009
– Illinois State University Student Exhibition : Graphic Design ( Juried ) | 2007
– Parkland College Student Exhibition : Photography & Drawing ( Juried ) | 2006
– Museum of Design, Zurich | 2010
SPEAKING / LECTURES
– HOW Live / Creative Freelancer Conference, San Francisco | 2013
– HOW Live / Creative Freelancer Conference, Boston | 2012
– DePaul University, Chicago | 2012
General Assembly, Chicago IL
Illinois State University, Normal IL
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design | May 2009
Parkland College, Champaign IL
Associate in Fine Arts : Art & Design | January 2006
Parkland College, Champaign IL
Associate in Applied Science : Computer Visualization; Graphics & Animation | May 2000